Marijuana is increasingly becoming legal all across the United States. In fact, currently, there are over 21 states, as well as the District of Columbia, that have legalized weed for recreational use. There are also 37 states that have legalized medical marijuana.
If you are new to using marijuana and looking for more ways to try it, you can try smoking a blunt. One of the most essential skills you need to acquire for this is how to roll a blunt. For this, we’ve prepared a step-by-step guide on how to roll a blunt.
In This Article
What Is A Blunt?
First of all, what is a blunt? A blunt is a type of cannabis cigarette that is made by filling a cigar or special blunt wrap with marijuana. The cigar or wrap is typically made of tobacco and adds a unique buzz and energy to the overall cannabis experience. Blunts are larger than traditional joints and typically last longer. They can be purchased pre-made or can be made by cutting open and emptying a cigar and using the wrapper.
The History of Blunts
Blunts have a long history. Most historians believe that blunts originated in the Caribbean, where cannabis came from both North and South America, as well as India.
When weed reached the Caribbean Islands, such as Jamaica and Haiti, people couldn’t use bongs as they weren’t readily available. Instead, they took advantage of what was available in the area–cigars. Cigar manufacturing has been a part of the Caribbean culture for decades. Gradually, the culture of smoking blunts spread from the Caribbean to the East and West Coasts. Hip Hop artists and rappers such as Snoop Dogg made smoking blunts popular. The use of blunts for recreational or medicinal purposes has since spread worldwide.
Why Try Blunts?
There are some advantages to rolling a blunt over a joint. First, many people like the increased effects of a blunt. Whether you are using marijuana for recreational or medicinal purposes, you need to know that rolling blunts gives you a stronger high. Second, people enjoy the mixture of cigar tobacco with the cannabis blend.
Many people are fans of the flavor and aroma of a blunt. Unlike other types of cannabis, blunts are portable, which means you can take them with you wherever you go. Also, if you are enjoying cannabis with your friends, blunts last longer than marijuana joints do because they burn more slowly.
What’s The Difference Between A Blunt And A Joint?
A blunt is a cigar that has had the tobacco removed and replaced with cannabis, while a joint is a cigarette rolled with cannabis. Both are used for smoking marijuana. The main difference is that a blunt is usually larger and the wrap is made from tobacco leaves, while a joint is typically smaller and made from thin rolling paper. Additionally, a joint is more often rolled by hand, while a blunt is more likely to be purchased pre-rolled.
How Do You Make A Perfect Blunt?
You’ll need a few things before you roll a blunt.
- Cannabis Flower – First, you will need a strain of cannabis you want to roll a joint or a blunt with. If you are looking for a strain that will give you energy and lift your mood, you may want to choose Sour Diesel or Acapulco Gold. If you need pain relief and relaxation, you may want to try Grandaddy Purple or Blue Dream.
- Grinder – Once you decide on a strain of weed to use, you will need a grinder. Grinders break apart the nuggets and florals of the cannabis plant into even pieces so you can roll a blunt more easily.
- Wrap – You can choose to hollow out a cigar to use for your blunt, or many dispensaries offer blunt rolling papers you can use.
- You may want to have a razor blade nearby to slice cigars open if you plan on smoking cannabis tucked inside of a cigar.
What Is The Easiest Way to Roll a Blunt?
There is more than one way to roll a blunt. Here is the easiest way to roll a blunt.
- First, it is much easier to begin your blunt rolling experience if you begin with a cigar that has already been rolled.
- You will need to find a line or vein on the cigar where the cigar roll begins.
- Carefully slice the cigar from the butt of the cigar to the tip.
- The cigar butt is the end of the cigar you smoke. The tip is the end you are burning.
- Use a small, thin knife to slice your cigar. Be very careful when slicing the cigar. If you do poke a hole or a tear in the cigar leaves, you may be able to fix it with the sticky ends of rolling papers.
- After you have sliced open the cigar, you’ll need to empty out the tobacco. Push it out gently with your thumb. Again, be sure you don’t tear the cigar leaves.
- You then want to take your cannabis and grind it. Most people want their smoking cannabis to be cotton-fluffy, so you don’t need to grind too long, or your cannabis will look like flour. These small dust-like pieces of cannabis will be more difficult to smoke because they don’t allow airflow into the blunt.
- Add your ground-up cannabis, and make sure you have enough in your cigar to make your blunt thick. Many people make sure the blunt is thickest in the middle of the blunt.
- Even the cannabis out and roll your blunt.
- You may want to dampen the edges of the blunt in order to seal it. After you have sealed the blunt, it’s time to try it out.
What Is the Best Way to Roll a Blunt?
Many people prefer to roll their own blunts. If you are looking for the best way to roll your own blunt, here is the way many consider to be the best.
This method of self-rolling a blunt is called the Fronto method because it originated in the Caribbean using fronto leaves. People love this method because it gives you a heady combination of tobacco intermixed with the cannabis strains you select. Here’s how to roll a Fronto blunt.
- You need to select Fronto leaves and your favorite rolling paper.
- Choose your favorite strain of weed to use.
- Usually, people use 1.5–2 grams of flower in a blunt.
- Put a rolling paper on top of a Fronto leaf.
- Cut out the Fronto leaf to match the size of your rolling paper.
- For the best results, you’ll want to cut along the leaf’s vein to make the roll stronger.
- Make sure your Fronto leaf and the rolling papers are wet. Some people use their tongues, others have a spray bottle standing by.
- Fold your Fronto leaf and fold it in half the same way your rolling paper is folded.
- Put the ground weed strain in the Fronto leaf.
- Roll the leaf with the cannabis strain inside as tight as you can.
- You will seal the leaf using rolling papers.
- You can lick the Fronto blunt closed by moistening the sticky end of the rolling paper.
- Your Fronto blunt is ready to smoke.
How Much Weed Should I Use In A Blunt?
The amount of weed to use in a blunt can vary depending on personal preference and the strength of the marijuana. A typical amount is around 0.5 to 2 grams, but some people may prefer more or less. It’s important to start with a small amount and gradually increase until you find the right amount for you. Additionally, it’s important to be aware of the laws regarding marijuana in your area, as it may be illegal to possess or use it.
One Final Tip
Practice makes perfect. If you have never rolled a blunt before, you may want to try it with a cigar. Buy several cigars and practice slitting the cigar open, removing the tobacco, refilling the cigar, and sealing the cigar closed. That way, when you are ready to try rolling your first blunt, you’ll be prepared to sit back and enjoy.
Take a look at this wonderful video by Dope as Yola
Brian Miller is a passionate advocate for the legalization of cannabis. He studied law and has a deep understanding of the legal and political landscape surrounding the plant. Despite being a recreational cannabis user himself, Brian's support for legalization goes beyond his personal enjoyment of marijuana. He firmly believes that legalizing medical marijuana will provide much-needed relief for millions of people suffering from various medical conditions.
In addition, Brian is a strong proponent of legalizing recreational marijuana as a means of regulating safe use. He recognizes that legalization would allow for a better understanding of the drug and its effects, leading to increased safety for users and reduced negative consequences.
Brian is also a huge fan of the current variety of weed products and the supportive community that has developed in recent years. He is grateful for the progress that has been made in terms of legalization and is eager to see what the future holds for the cannabis industry. Brian joined with Heather to found Concept420 in 2022.