- While making a gravity bong is easy, you should note that it is not recommended for beginners, as it delivers a hit that might be too much for a novice.
- It is recommended that you drink and smoke carefully.
- Inhaling combustible materials from a plastic smoking device may be hazardous to your health. Proceed at your discretion!
- If you choose to use a plastic bottle for a gravity bong, then you should keep in mind that a single-use plastic bottle contains PET (Polyethylene terephthalate). This is a chemical compound that is released when plastics undergo heat.
- PET (Polyethylene terephthalate) is linked to several health conditions and you stand the chance of inhaling this chemical into your lungs. Once more, proceed at your discretion!
A gravity bong is a smoking device that uses gravity to bring smoke into the lungs. In addition, it is the most effective way to smoke while filtering the smoke through water. This will put more THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) into the bloodstream.
However, it would be best to keep in mind that the gravity bong is not for first-time takers. Though a beginner can easily make a gravity bong the same as an expert, it’s not recommended for them to use it.
A gravity bong is inexpensive and easy to make, as you’ll be using household tools and containers. So why don’t you get started on your homemade gravity bong?
In This Article
Benefits of A Gravity Bong
There are several reasons for using a gravity bong and they might come up as shocking to others as expert smokers usually make gravity bongs so as to get high easily with less stress.
- The gravity bong is inexpensive.
- Gravity bongs enable users to get higher easily in comparison to other smoking methods by forcing the heavily concentrated smoke into your lungs.
- A gravity bong can also be easy for you to start DIY, though you can also get it in a store.
- The gravity bong also protects your lungs because it does the majority of the smoking while drawing smoke into the chamber with the pressure created by lifting the inner chamber. This preserves lung capacity for powerful, long hits.
How to Make A Gravity Bong (Step-By-Step Guide)
Many people have been wondering how it is possible to make a gravity bong without a socket, a gravity bong with a socket, and how to make a rotating gravity bong amidst all the other questions that we will answer in detail in this article.
It doesn’t matter whether you are a beginner or an expert. You’ll surely find it easy to assemble a gravity bong.
Here is a quick guide on using a gravity bong:
- Firstly, to make your gravity bong work, you’ll have to submerge a small bottle filled with cannabis or another liquid on top of a larger bucket of water.
- Once you light your cannabis, you’ll have to remove the bottle from the water, filling it with smoke from the burning cannabis.
- Once the bottle is filled with smoke, tip it to your mouth, unscrew it, and allow it to pour directly into your mouth.
There are two ways to make a gravity bong, and they are as follows:
Gravity Bong Method 1: Bucket Bong
All smokers and cannabis enthusiasts look forward to the bucket gravity bong due to its cost-effectiveness and ability to produce an original scent of whatever substance they are taking. Coupled with the fact that the hit is instant, the appeal of the bucket gravity bong is irresistible.
It is also easily the most straightforward and least expensive bong, judging by the materials you’ll need. Since most of these materials can easily be found at home, you can quickly get them at your local store if you can’t find them there.
- One clean and empty 2-liter plastic bottle/bucket
- One clean and empty 1-liter plastic bottle/bucket
- 4X4-inch piece of aluminum foil
- Knife (for puncturing)
- Step 1: You’ll have to use the knife to cut off the bottom one-third of the one-liter plastic bottle.
- Step 2: Then, you’ll drill a small hole in the bottom of the bottle.
- Step 3: You’ll also drill a hole in the top third of the two-liter bottles.
- Step 4: You’ll cut off the top one-third of the two-liter bottles.
- Step 5: Unscrew the cap on the one-liter bottle and drill a hole in the center of the cap.
- Step 6: Gently slide the bottle pieces through the middle of the cap, making a straw.
- Step 7: Wrap the cap with aluminum foil, then shape it like a bowl. You should shape the aluminum foil to any shape that you like that will be suitable to keep the cannabis from falling into the water. Then poke three or four tiny holes in the foil for ventilation.
- Step 8: Fill the large bottle with water about 2” to the top, then submerge the small bottle until it’s just the cap that remains above.
- Step 9: Screw the bottle cap back onto the one-liter bottle.
- Step 10: You can now use your own Gravity Bong.
Gravity Bong Method 2: Waterfall Bong
A waterfall bong is the second most used method to create a gravity bong, as it uses just three materials that you can find in your house easily. This also has increased its popularity among cannabis smokers who want to smoke all at once.
- Plastic bottle cap
- Knife or sharp object (for puncturing)
- A small tapered socket or small glass bowl
- Step 1: Heat the tip of your knife with the lighter. Then, use it to puncture a hole in the plastic bottle cap.
- Step 2: Use the knife to widen the hole until it can fit the tampered socket snugly.
- Step 3: This is solely to ensure that the tampered sockets fit to secure leaks perfectly. Melt the opening in the bottle cap, then put the tampered socket in before it cools.
- Step 4: You should wait for it to cool, and then you can start using your gravity bong.
Video done by Vice.com
Brian Miller is a passionate advocate for the legalization of cannabis. He studied law and has a deep understanding of the legal and political landscape surrounding the plant. Despite being a recreational cannabis user himself, Brian's support for legalization goes beyond his personal enjoyment of marijuana. He firmly believes that legalizing medical marijuana will provide much-needed relief for millions of people suffering from various medical conditions.
In addition, Brian is a strong proponent of legalizing recreational marijuana as a means of regulating safe use. He recognizes that legalization would allow for a better understanding of the drug and its effects, leading to increased safety for users and reduced negative consequences.
Brian is also a huge fan of the current variety of weed products and the supportive community that has developed in recent years. He is grateful for the progress that has been made in terms of legalization and is eager to see what the future holds for the cannabis industry. Brian joined with Heather to found Concept420 in 2022.