- You can make your DIY bong at home with any material, as long as it is portable.
- Ensure there is water, a socket bowl, a downstem, and something to make a hole in the vessel.
- Ensure the hole for the downstem is a tight fit.
- Attach the socket bowl to the downstem. Make sure it’s screwed on tight so it doesn’t come off when you’re using it.
A bong is a traditional smoking device that has been used for centuries. It is made up of a bowl, stem, and base. The bowl is where the weed or other smoking material is placed. The stem is a tube that runs from the bowl to the base. The base is filled with water.
When using a bong, the smoker inhales through the stem while lighting the cannabis or other smoking material in the bowl. This causes the smoke to be filtered through the water in the base before entering the smoker’s lungs. There are diverse types of bongs depending on interest and purpose. The major common types are highlighted below.
In This Article
Types of DIY Bongs
You can design your type of DIY bong or purchase it from an online store. However, you must comprehend how a bong functions before learning how to create your own. Then, become familiar with the components that make them work. A bong is made up of some essential components:
- Carb or Carburetor
Let’s take a look at the common major types of homemade bongs.
A gravity bong is a type of homemade bong that uses the force of gravity to draw the smoke into the chamber. The most common type of gravity bong is made by placing a plastic bottle with the bottom cut off into a bucket of water. The bottle is then filled with smoke and the user inhales the smoke from the bottle.
Gravity bongs are simple to make and use, and they offer a unique way to smoke cannabis. Gravity bongs can be made in different sizes and types of containers, but they all work in essentially the same way.
To make a gravity bong, you will need:
- A large container filled with water (a bucket or tub works well)
- A smaller container that fits inside the large container (a plastic bottle works well)
- Cannabis flower or concentrate
- A lighter
Follow these steps above, and voila!! You have your gravity bong. Enjoy!
Water Bottle Bong
If you’re looking for a quick and easy bong to make for urgent use, then look no further than your water bottle! All you need is a water bottle, a drill, and some aluminum foil. Don’t have a drill? No problem! You can also use a sharp knife.
- To make your water bottle bong, start by drilling or cutting a hole in the bottom of the water bottle. The hole should be big enough to fit the bowl of your pipe.
- Next, cover the hole with aluminum foil. Make sure that the foil is tight against the hole so that no air can escape.
- Now it’s time to fill up your water bottle bong with water. The amount of water you use will depend on the size of your water bottle.
- Once you’ve added the water, put your mouth over the opening at the top of the bottle and suck. This will create suction and pull the smoke up through the water. Keep sucking until all of the smoke has been pulled through.
And there you have it! Your very own DIY water bottle bong!
Tic Tac Bong
This is a very portable homemade bong that you can keep in your drawer for fast hits. You can use any comparable recipient—the tic tac.
To make this, you’ll need:
- A pack of Tic Tac
- A pen or toothpick
- A bowl or bong stem
- Tape (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Empty a pack of Tic Tacs into a bowl.
- Use a pen or toothpick to make small holes in the Tic Tacs.
- Cut off the bottom of the Tic Tac container with scissors. Make sure the opening is big enough to fit your bowl or bong stem. If it’s too big, you can tape it down to make it smaller.
- Put the Tic Tacs into the container.
- Put the stem of your bowl or bong into the container and screw on the cap.
- Smoke away!
An apple/pumpkin bong is a great way to smoke your favorite herbs while enjoying the fall season. This bong is easy to make and only requires a few household items.
To make an apple/pumpkin bong, you will need:
- 1 apple or pumpkin
- A small knife
- A bottle of liquid latex
- A roll of masking tape
- A bowl piece (can be made from aluminum foil)
How to make it:
- Use the small knife to carve out the top of the apple or pumpkin, making sure to create a large enough opening for the bowl piece.
- Take the bottle of liquid latex and coat the inside of the carving. Be sure to cover the entire surface so that no herb smoke can escape.
- Once the latex has dried, insert the bowl piece into the carving.
Now it’s time to pack your herbs into the bowl and light up! Enjoy taking hits off your homemade bong while surrounded by all the Fall vibes.
Making a Bong Step by Step
Making a bong is a pretty simple process that anyone can do with a little bit of know-how. All you need is a container which can be a tic tac, apple/pumpkin, and water bottle, to mention a few. Also, some sort of bowl or downstem, and something to seal the bowl to the bottle.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make a bong:
- Start by taking your container and cutting off the bottom. You want to make sure that the opening is big enough to fit your bowl or downstem.
- Next, take your bowl or downstem and attach it to the opening of the container. Make sure it’s sealed tight so no air can escape.
- Fill the container with water, leaving about an inch at the top. The more water you use, the cooler and smoother the smoke will be.
That’s it! Put your lips on the mouthpiece and light up your favorite herb. As you inhale, the smoke will pass through the water and into your lungs for a super smooth hit
So, why delay? Make your homemade bong and enjoy!
Brian Miller is a passionate advocate for the legalization of cannabis. He studied law and has a deep understanding of the legal and political landscape surrounding the plant. Despite being a recreational cannabis user himself, Brian's support for legalization goes beyond his personal enjoyment of marijuana. He firmly believes that legalizing medical marijuana will provide much-needed relief for millions of people suffering from various medical conditions.
In addition, Brian is a strong proponent of legalizing recreational marijuana as a means of regulating safe use. He recognizes that legalization would allow for a better understanding of the drug and its effects, leading to increased safety for users and reduced negative consequences.
Brian is also a huge fan of the current variety of weed products and the supportive community that has developed in recent years. He is grateful for the progress that has been made in terms of legalization and is eager to see what the future holds for the cannabis industry. Brian joined with Heather to found Concept420 in 2022.