Effects of Marijuana
|Coming Up||5-10 minutes|
|Coming Down<||45-60 minutes|
|After Effects||30-60 minutes|
The Effects of Smoking Marijuana are usually lighter than those of many other recreational psychoactive substances. People are generally capable of carrying out normal actions and activities while high.
- mood lift
- creative, philosophical or deep thinking … ideas flow well
- increased appreciation of music. More aware of, deeper connection to music.
- increased awareness of senses. (eating, drinking, smell)
- change in experience of muscle fatigue. Pleasant body feel. Increase in body/mind connection.
- pain relief (headaches, cramps)
- general change in consciousness (as with many psychoactives)
- increased appetite
- slowness (slow driving, talking)
- blood shot eyes
- mouth dryness (cotton mouth)
- interrupts linear memory. Difficulty following a train of thought.
- coughing, asthma, upper respiratory problems
- difficulty with short term memory
- racing heart, agitation, tenseness
- dizziness, confusion
- paranoia (generally only in inexperienced users)
- possible psychological dependence on cannabis